Insert the required form of the verb into the gaps
1. If I were you I _______ (to require) a well-paid job as you have all the necessary qualifications.
2. If he ____ (to be) open to other people opinions he would not be so stubborn.
3. She would not have lost control over the children if she _______ (to be) more patient with them.
4. If our teacher of Maths treated all the students equally he _______ (not to raise the bar) too high for those he doesn’t like.
5. If we _____ (to come) to the party earlier we would have met my uncle.
6. If I _____ (to be) you I wouldn’t be so sensitive.
7. If I could relieve your pain I ______ (to do) everything possible.
8. I wish you _____ (to take control) of the situation.
9. We ___________ (to win) the competition if we had prepared for it properly.
10. If he _____ (to be) a fair teacher he would treat everybody equally.
Finish the sentences
1. If I got through these difficulties I would…
2. If I got a well-paid job I would…
3. If I had high expectations I would…
4. If I had a stressful job I would …
5. If I were rich I would….
6. If I were patient to other people opinions I would…
7. If I had a rewarding job I would…
Translate the sentences from Russian into English
1. Если бы я не окончил средней школы, я бы не смог стать студентом–первокурсником.
2. С помощью преподавателей в пятилетнем курсе обучения мы освоим такие науки как электроника и архитектура компьютера.
3. Я будущий радиоинженер и, когда я окончу университет, хочу специализироваться в разработке программного обеспечения.
4. Если бы кто-то мог дать четкий ответ, что такое искусственный интеллект, то я бы, несомненно, хотел лично познакомиться с этим человеком.
5. Компьютерная наука – одна из самых быстроразвивающихся областей знаний в современном мире.
6. Чтобы получить научную степень, необходимо усердно работать в течение многих лет и успешно справиться с защитой дипломной работы.
Read the text below. Do you find you have the required qualities? Read and translate the text, comment on it
Computer Support Specialists
Computer Support Specialists are responsible for providing technical assistance and many forms of computer-related support to a wide variety of potential customers, clients, and employers. The field is rapidly growing, due to the fact that nearly every company now uses computers (as do individuals) and needs specialists to support them. The explosion in the use of computers has created a big demand for specialists who provide advice to users, as well as those who troubleshoot problems and/or perform the day-to-day administration, maintenance, and support of computer systems and networks. Typical duties for a computer support specialist may include daily oversight of a firm’s computer systems, responding to calls for assistance from the organization’s computer users, repair of computer hardware and software, and training users in the use of new computer programs.
A computer support specialist analyzes problems by using automated diagnostic programs, helps clients with hardware/software installation, printing, word processing, e-mail, and operating systems; provides assistance when computers crash; provides advice to customers; trains users in the proper use of hardware and software.
In a profession which involves a lot of interaction with customers and fellow employees, specialists are also susceptible to both the good and the bad consequences of dealing with the public. Specialists who work as consultants tend to spend a significant amount of time away from their offices, sometimes spending weeks or months working at a client’s locale. On the other hand, expansion of computer networks is allowing a growing number of support specialists to provide technical support from remote locations, reducing or eliminating the need to travel as often to the customer’s workplace.
Students interested in becoming computer support specialists need to have strong problem-solving, analytical, and (most especially) communication skills in order to effectively troubleshoot problems and help customers. The need to continually interface with customers, employees and other computer personnel requires a specialist to be able to communicate effectively in many different ways: in person, over the phone, via e-mail, and on paper. Strong writing skills are useful not only in communicating, but also in preparing manuals and instructions for employees and customers.
What are your ideas about a Computer Support specialist? What should he/she be like? Share you ideas with your group mates.
Степени сравнения имен прилагательных
(The Degrees of Comparison of Adjectives)
В английском языке качественные имена прилагательные изменяются по степени сравнения. Качественные имена прилагательные имеют положительную степень (the Positive degree), сравнительную степень (the Comparative degree) и превосходную степень сравнения (the Superlative degree).
Виды имен прилагательных и образование степеней их сравнения
Образование настоящего неопределенного времени
(Present Simple Tense) глагола to do
do not = don’t, does not = doesn’t.
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-03-16; Просмотров: 104;